According to a medical report made in the town of Sant Boi de Llobregat by the Department of Animal Health and Anatomy at the Universitat de Barcelona:
- The Urban Dog Nature is a system that involves no risk for animals or people who take contact with the system, because urine is not standing outside the support and pass quickly the plant remains located at the base and separated from the environment through a system of stainless steel.
- The material used in the construction of the system is not easily alterable or by environmental conditions or by microorganisms.
- The microorganisms that may be present in the urine of biotransformation exert an effect on plant debris.
- The microbiological analysis on samples of plant material recovered from the base indicate the presence of microorganisms own environmental and organic waste (urine, rotting vegetables, etc.).
- This system reduces environmental pollution and its use facilitates the elimination of organic waste.
- Upon the withdrawal of plant remains impregnated with urine should consider security measures to avoid any possible problem must use disposable gloves; it is recommended the use of personal protective masks to avoid inhaling chemicals and microorganisms generated in the biodegradation process and you need to collect plant material in sealed bags or containers to prevent environmental pollution.